25 January 2007

my steps in life

i often think it's a good thing to not know what i want to do next.
i have goals and things that i would like to do, but i don't want to shape the rest of my life in a split second.
i think that's the hardest way to go about it.
if it's not the way you wanted it to be, you tend to think you've failed.
it's inevitable to fail, but i don't want to think of my life as a failure.
i want to play things by ear and make decisions i firmly believe are the best ones
...or at least the best ones for me.
i don't want people to tell me what i should do...maybe i don't even want to be told what i could do.
just that i can do whatever it is i put my mind to and pour my heart and soul into it.
i don't think i should know what i want to do with the rest of my life, not now, at least.
i just want to be happy and love what i'm doing and live happily and serenely.

i want the next steps of my life to be:
  • getting back to the things that made me the most happy (create) - i think i've strayed slightly from this.
  • making the most of myself in dc.
  • becoming more aware of my body and myself.
  • making a habit of consciously correcting my posture.
  • breathing deeply.
  • growth.
  • allowing myself to trust people.
  • ceasing immediate judgement.
  • loving deeply.
Everything starts with yourself -- with you making up your mind about what you're going to do with your life. I tell kids that it's a cruel world, and that the world will bend them either left or right, and it's up to them to decide which way to bend.
-Tony Dorsett

No comments: