30 April 2007

goodness.

things are beautiful here in iowa city. in a little over a week, things will be even more beautiful. it's funny how things change so quickly. life is full of unexpected happenings and you just have to go with it. i love it...it's wonderful. i think my life will be more on track soon; not saying that i have a plan, because i don't at all, but again, that's okay with me. i just feel like things are going in the right direction, at least in some of the more important areas of my life (without being explicit). i'm surrounding myself with really great people, but it's going to be weird to be away from iowa city this summer. wow. my first summer in my 22 years of life that i will be away from the comforts and goodness of iowa city summers. i guess i haven't really thought about that. i guess i haven't really thought about the fact that i won't be here to enjoy it, but hopefully it's not my last opportunity. dc should be pretty lovely, though. circumstances have definitely changed, but for a reason, i think...excited to hang with mary beth, explore the city, go on adventures with ray-my emmy & t-nimmy, reunite with the old butler crew, and hopefully walk the aisles of a reconstructed (if not displaced) eastern market. anticipating all of the goodness.

p.s. i'm looking to make yet another drastic change: i need new hair ...thoughts?

2 comments:

paula said...

NEW HAIR = NO OTHER OPTIONS. DO IT. NOW. NO REGRETS, NO SECOND THOUGHTS. cut it short! yay!

Cody said...

I have to agree with short... short, short, short.