28 May 2008

202.

so, welcome to my life in washington, d.c. i've been here almost 3 weeks and of course, i'm still trying to settle in. i haven't made my 500 square feet of cute little city apartment 'home' yet, but it's in the making. i've kind of gotten used to my "bed" (a rug, a mattress pad, a down comforter, and my quilt), but i reluctantly just purchased a platform bed from west elm and am trying to figure out a way to get to an ikea so i can buy a mattress (yes, i know i can buy them online and have them shipped to me, but i prefer to pay the $79 delivery charge as opposed to the $300 shipping & handling charge if i were to order it online...) my apartment also happens to be the storage unit for 3 bike boxes and one bike not in a box...you'd imagine that it was pretty cozy in my space, but i don't really have much furniture yet, so it's not too bad. ha.

i love my job, i love the people i work with, i love yoga, and i love the community. exploring has been really amazing and i can only continue to do more. i love how full of life the city is; it's a nice change from home. i promise there's more to come, but i'm sort of a noodle and just wanted to give a brief update on where i am and what i'm doing. (so, paula, hold tight...a more exciting post will come soon!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the update b. glad to hear you are doing well. you're lucky that you're missing out on all the rain! flood! i'm going soon - like this week or next- to get my first tattoo. do you still like the one on your wrist? thats kinda where i want mine. anyway, time for another update.... p

gpickle said...

Hi Bonkosi, I babbled with John today and he gave me the news. Glad to hear you got the job and all. Are you still sleeping on the floor? We miss you back in the parts of Iowa City that are above water!