29 July 2008

s l o w down

these days, i seem to find my mind pacing...racing, rather, back and forth, forward and back. and i can't seem to slow it down. not enough deep breaths, lion's breaths or solitary moments can slow it down. sighing helps, only momentarily, then i get to thinking about what's going to happen next, what i can do to allow myself more time for...myself, how i can create more and expend my energy into something creative and something i love, where i can go where cars don't exist or if they do, they are all SMARTcars, with cyclist-loving drivers...i could go on, but honestly, i'm content where i am. i love my what i do, i love the people i am surrounded by, and i love eating frozen lasagna at 11:00pm. i just want to stop thinking about all of that and s l o w down. and live in the moment, appreciate life for what it is right now. stop thinking about work on my days off and UNPLUG. do the things i love.

be here now.

No comments: