05 September 2006

highs and lows...

I really just want to let everyone know that I am having the time of my life even though the downs happen more than the ups. Overall, this is experience is making me grow, although all I can do is complain. Honestly, it´s not that bad. All of this discomfort and missing comes with the territory that I didn´t really foresee. I just kept saying `I can´t wait to get outta here...Spain is going to be incredible´ and while Spain will be incredible, I do have to deal with the highs and the really low lows that come along with being here. I can´t wait for all of the different things I´ll be doing in Spain and Europe in its entirety...things I would have never done had I not studied abroad. As much as I miss home, I miss my family, and I miss miss miss John (and wish he could come visit), I know it´ll all be there when my time is over here. That´s the one thing that I need to keep in mind...no matter how sad I am, no matter how much I want to come home, I know that it´ll be there when I get back, so I just need to live in the moment and take this experience for what it is. A once in a lifetime opportunity to live in a completely different culture, learning about the culture itself, the people, the similarities and differences to my culture, meet new people, grow, and unxpectedly grow closer to the people that I love and miss at home. Here, I don´t take things for granted and I realize how lucky I am to have the people that I do in my life. Thank you all. I´m sorry if I haven´t shown that to you, and I apologize that it takes me being away to realize it, but I do realize it and I want you to know that I do need you all in my life and I am so lucky to have you.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I could not have possibly explained the feelings and emotions associated with studying abroad better myself. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU for the birthday wishes! I cannot tell you how much they meant - I wanted to pick up the phone and call you, only I don't have an intl. plan. :( Miss you more and more everyday, and yes...I'll be here waiting when you get home :) Stay safe and have fun Siss! MUAH!!