13 September 2006

it's becoming my reality...

Just when I thought I wouldn't get used to the life I'm going to be living here in Spain for the next couple of months, something strange has come over me: it's starting to settle in. I think I've finally come to terms with the fact that I'm not going to be going back home any time soon, and I definitely think that's a good thing. I'm really starting to get used to my daily routine, which, unfortunately will be changing in about a week and a half when I start taking other classes, but for now, I'm good. I miss home, I miss family, I miss friends, and I miss John a whole lot, but you know what? That's going to happen. I'm going to miss home and I'm okay with that. I want so badly for John to come visit and I wish more than anything that it might happen. But I can't get my hopes up for much because so much is still unknown here. I'm looking forward to learning things about myself that I could have never learned without being away; I'm ready (whether I like it or not) to test our relationship and see how strong it really is; and I've already learned that I depend on my family and the people I surround myself with more than I could have ever imagined. Being so far away is hard, it really is, but there are so many things you take for granted while you're home. I thought that I'd have to sit back and relfect after my trip in order to see the things I've learned, but thankfully, I'm starting my learning early. Random babblings. That's all I've got for now. Random babblings.

No comments: