26 September 2006

It's all just a whirlwind of emotion.

I can't even begin to describe how emotions completely take over your mind, your body, everything when you're abroad. One day, everything is great, and the next, life turns its back on you. It's amazing to me, just to realize how things can change so quickly, without even knowing why. Obviously, there are factors that play into the emotions, but for the most part, they're all things that can't be helped. I miss home. That's inevitable. I miss my family. Again, inevitable. I miss John, even though we're not what we used to be. Inevitable. Everything is seemingly inevitable and no matter how much you want to help it, you can't. At this point, I want nothing more than to be able to talk to people face to face, to be around people that have known me forever, or that know me better than I know myself, but it can't be, and I have to get over it. I have to be able to move on, to live the life I have here, to take advantage of what I have right before my eyes. And if I want things to go the way I think they should be, I'll just have to be patient. Something I've never been so good at, but I'm willing to try it. Things here haven't fallen into place immediately, but I can see that things are going to. The more I start traveling, exploring my world abroad, the better things will be for me and the better this experience is going to be. Even just a weekend away makes everything seem brighter. Valencia did that for me this weekend. Two days away from Alicante, and my world seemed brighter. It was beautiful, I had a great time, and I was with a great friend. I can't really ask for much more.

No comments: