08 February 2007

more updating.

i figure this is a good way to let people know about aaron's progress, so here goes...

4. feb. 2007
(in the words of my f'ing amazing sissy)

I woke up to a phone call from St. Luke's hospital. My husband wanted to talk to me. He asked me what the plan was for tonight and asked for me to bring something to drink, then he said, "do you have a clear memory of what happend to me?" I told him that I wanted to tell him in person and to ask me when I got there.
Doreen beat me to the punch. She arrived first and Aaron asked her what happened. She briefly explained the situation. He cried. OF COURSE, wouldn't you. "I can't believe I almost died." I'm sorry if I sound petty but that was MY job. I was supposed to be there and experience that. Later in the evening I asked Aaron how he felt when she told him what happened, "embarrassed and ashamed."

Okay, on to the good stuff. Aaron was very lucid today. I'd say it was probably 90 percent of the day. He only asked about the plane trip twice. Oh yeah, two full days this week he thought we were on a plane or in an airport. Matt and Paula came to visit and he was very clear speaking and pretty fickin' funny if I do say so, myself. Aaron's still really emotional when we talk about his friends and friendship. Y'all know what I mean. He's accepted that he'll never whine, "my friends hate me" again.

Aaron gets really pissed when he has to deal with the fact that he'll be in the hospital for a while but he can now express what he needs from the nurses and what is wrong with him when he's squirming around. No more guessing and bombarding him with questions. Let's hope this sticks and that this wasn't just a lucky day. We've agreed that Aaron will try to cooperate with the therapists starting tomorrow. I can deal with that. Oh, and if you didn't know, there's a Sonic in CR. Aaron was very very happy when I returned from a snack journey with a small cherry-limeade.

1 comment:

ananda : sanskrit for bliss said...

so glad he's doing better. xoxo.