09 March 2009

25.

as the start of my 25th year of life quickly approaches ((next weekend)), i couldn't think of a better time to do this. so, here it is, 25 random things about yours truly.

1)) i was born 1 month and three days late, weighing over 10lbs.

2)) i am truly halfrican, or african & american...my mother is congolese (zaire) and my father is small town iowa.

3)) i have 30-year-old twin brothers that are strippers in vegas and whom i desperately wish were still a huge part of my life.

4)) i am the proud aunt of 4 nephews and a niece. i don't think i could love any child as much as i love these ones...

5)) 2 of the said children are actually my cousin's children, who by my congolese culture's standards, is my brother.

6)) my 33-year-old sister is my absolute best friend in the whole world and no one could fill her shoes.

7)) 25% of my left ear drum was ruptured in 8th grade and i am still hesitant when people talk to me on that side.

8)) my freshman and sophomore year of college, i wore double-popped-collar polo shirts, abercrombie jeans, and coach purses. then i transferred.

9)) i played d-1 volleyball, started in 31 of 32 games and averaged almost 4 digs per game, which put me at 9th on the single-season charts.

10) i never did my summer workouts like i was supposed to.

11) practicing yoga has honestly changed my life and perspective.

12) i don't think i have ever worn anything out (i.e. shoes, clothing, etc.) i usually have too many things to wear anything out.

13) i spent the first 2 months of my time in spain wishing i were back in iowa. after that and to this day, i can't think of a more majestic place.

15) one day, i hope to have an immaculate collection of scarves and shoes.

16) on most days, i would rather be sleeping.

17) every day i wish for my long, crazy hair.

18) if i could come back as another being, it would be a panda in nature.

19) i struggle daily with my personal style and look for inspiration everywhere.

20) i have 6 tattoos and only one that i think about transforming.

21) i don't drink much, but when i do, i usually drink too much whiskey.

22) on my 21st birthday, i walked home alone, bawling like i have never bawled before...and for no apparent reason.

23) i am learning to tone down my sarcasm, and if i ever offend you, it's totally unintentional and i apologize in advance.

24) when i was 3, i slid down the stairs and my sister pulled my arm out of its socket to stop me...as a result, i had to go to the "store" to get my arm fixed.

25) there is no day i love more than my birthday.

done and done.

to go along with my 25th year, i'll be writing 24 things i want to get done in my 25th year.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe your 33 year old sister could replace the 32 year old.
finally you admit that I didn't do it to hurt you
I love you!

bonkosi alyssa said...

the jury is still out...