11 March 2009

(( t o d a y ))

this walking wednesday turned out to be absolutely perfect. i have dedicated the last few wednesdays to walking (i ride my bike everywhere on any other given day) and i've found myself camped out at tryst, the hip(ster) coffee joint in adams morgan. it's really close to perfect (no coffee shop will ever top iowa city's java house) and i spend the day perusing the internet, doing what i call "research" and blogging. i thought today would be a different day. i have worked every day straight since last wednesday and my body was just exhausted. then i woke up with one of my wretched, paralyzing headaches, so i was convinced the day was over. after spending a couple more hours in bed, g-chatting and "researching," i put on my new boyfriend levi's, jewelry galore and red flats to meet one of my dearest friends, sara b., for lunch. i walked, because it's wednesday, and that's just what i do.

busboys and poets, it was. which made for the perfect lunch of girl-talk and an early birthday gift from sara to me. she found a print on etsy by an artist named jess gonacha and framed it. it is absolutely perfect and couldn't ask for a better friend. she knows me so well. strangely enough, i wrote a blog about jess gonacha last spring. her work is beautiful.

when i got home, i opened the mailbox, only to find another birthday gift:















(courtesy of the larues! and rose la biche)
thank you! thank you! thank you!

today was a good walking wednesday.

No comments: